- PHYS 102 Exam
- Enroll in the Course Labeled:
PHYS 102: College Physics E & M, PHYS 102 Study Exams
- Enroll in the Course Labeled:
This page contains important information about proficiency exams and make-up finals. Read this document to the end BEFORE signing up for an exam.
If you have taken any exam in a course, you forfeit your privilege to take the proficiency exam.
Registration for the October Proficiency exams is now open.
Registration is open Monday August 28th through Friday September 29th for the October proficiency exam offering.
An exam may be taken only once.
Students enrolled in any advanced Physics course are not allowed to take any Physics proficiency exam.
Fall 2023 PROFICIENCY EXAM INFORMATION
Exams Held: October 8th - October 14th
Registration Fall 2023: Open 8/28-9/29
Proficiency Exams are one hour and fifty minutes (1hr 50min) in length, and are held at the Computer Based Testing Facility (CBTF).
Registration Steps Fall 2023:
- Proficiency exams for the Fall 2023 semester will be held October 8th through October 14th.
- Add Your Name to the Roster:
- Go to the sign-up tool:
- Choose the class you'd like to take an exam in and click the 'Signup!' button.
- Starting on September 10th you will need to go to PrairieTest and make a reservation with the CBTF.
- You will need to be granted access to PrairieTest to make a reservation with the CBTF.
- Please wait until September 10th to be added to the PrairieTest reservation system.
- You can reserve any open exam time October 8th through October 14th in PrairieTest.
Courses Available: The Department of Physics will be offering proficiency exams for the following courses during the Fall 2023 semester:
- PHYS 101
- PHYS 102
- PHYS 211
- PHYS 212
- PHYS 213
- PHYS 214
Results: Proficiency results will be made available to students and sent to students' colleges no later than two weeks after the exams are complete.
GENERAL PROFICIENCY EXAM INFORMATION
- The assigned grade is Pass or Fail.
- An 80% score is required to receive a passing grade.
- Failures are not formally reported.
Study information: Course syllabi are available on the web:
- Click the course web site of the corresponding course to the proficiency exam you wish to take
- Select the Course Schedule link for the list of topics covered in the course.
- Proficiency students will not be able to access slides, handouts, or assignments for review; only the course topics will be available.
You can also check out the Center for Academic Resources in Engineering (CARE).
MAKEUP FINAL EXAM INFORMATION
Students who missed a final exam in a previous semester may register to make up the final exam when the proficiency exams are given.
You must register to take a make-up final exam:
- Add your name to the roster using the sign-up tool.
- Indicate the semester in which you took the course.
Please direct all questions about proficiency exams to:
- our Physics Undergraduate Office Queue with PROFICIENCY as the tag in your request
- email the Physics Undergraduate Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call us at (217) 333-4361.
Include the proficiency exam you wish to take in your question.