CARE Tutoring and Peer Advising
CARE (The Center for Academic Resources in Engineering) offers online tutoring and peer advising for undergraduate engineering students. Information regarding the tutoring program can be found by visiting the CARE webpage https://students.grainger.illinois.edu/care/home/
Online Zoom study sessions for undergrads hosted by Physics department graduate students. This is another outlet for students to ask questions and study with other physics students.
Link to the Zoom session: https://illinois.zoom.us/j/84285348427?pwd=Tlh4NUlYQk04NldhWUpNc1lzNmYwQT09
Link to the Grad On-Call sessions schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N5jauUs3wIZ0QqYVtfY_xFA20d4G0jydM6Q81Zsx76k/edit?usp=sharing
Campus Tutoring Resources
Division of General Studies
The Division of General Studies (DGS) offers this list of free tutoring resources available on the University of Illinois campus.
Office of Minority Student Affairs
The Office of Minority Student Affairs’ (OMSA) offers free tutoring and academic services. Matched tutoring, online self-paced workshops and academic skills consultations are among the services featured in the OMSA’s Academic Services Center (ASC). OMSA's services are designed to help students achieve in college. The level of rigor at the University of Illinois is different than in high school or community college. No matter how you performed before attending Illinois, there is always room to hone your study skills.
- To learn more about their tutoring services and to sign up for a tutor, visit https://www.omsa.illinois.edu/programs/tutoring/tutoring/.
- To learn more about their academic skills consultations and to request a consultation, visit https://tutortrac.omsa.illinois.edu/TracWeb40/Default.html.
- To learn more about the self-paced workshops and to take advantage of their self-paced workshops, visit https://www.omsa.illinois.edu/programs/tutoring/workshops/.
Finding a Private Tutor
If you are looking for regularly scheduled, one-on-one help, the University has partnered with Tutor Matching Service to help link private tutors to students seeking help.
Use TMS to Find a Private Tutor
Visit Tutor Matching Service at Illinois to find a list of fellow Illinois students interested in tutoring. Create an account that allows you to message tutors and schedule sessions. All payment is handled through TMS, eliminating the need to carry cash or pay in person. Please note that the Physics Department does not verify the credentials of TMS tutors.
Become a Private Tutor
Interested in becoming a private tutor at the University of Illinois? Use Tutor Matching Service to set up your own private tutoring account. You will need a valid University of Illinois email address to complete the application. If you need assistance, contact TMS Help.
Campus Study Spaces
The following links are to resources for students looking for areas to study on campus.
Office of the Registrar - On Campus Study Halls
Illini Union Study Spaces
UIUC Library System - Reservable Rooms and Study Spaces
Study spaces for Final Exam Week
- A variety of study locations will be available from Reading Day on Thursday, May 6 through the end of Final Exam Week on Friday, May 14.
- Students must be up-to-date on their COVID-19 testing schedule to enter university facilities. These spaces will be arranged for social distancing, and face coverings will continue to be required in university facilities. Please disinfect your study area when you leave. Furniture may not be moved in the rooms.