Primary Research Area
- Biological Physics
Professor at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris, France
For more information
Professor Chipot received his PhD in Theoretical Chemistry in 1994 from the Henri Poincaré University, in France, conducting research on intermolecular potentials with a fellowship from the Roussel Uclaf Institute. Following a post-doctorate in the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry of the University of California in San Francisco, he became a National Research Council postdoctoral fellow at the NASA Ames Research Center. He joined the CNRS in 1996 at the University of Lorraine, and received his habilitation in 2000. He was promoted research director in 2006, and since 2012, he has been directing an Associate International Laboratory established between the CNRS and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Selected Articles in Journals
- Singharoy, A.; Maffeo, C.; Delgado-Magnero, K.; Swainsbury, D. J. K.; M.Sener; Kleinekathöfer, U.; Isralewitz, B.; Teo, I.; Chandler, D.; Stone, J.; Phillips, J.; Pogorelov, T. V.; Mallus, M. I.; Chipot, C.; Luthey-Schulten, Z.; Tieleman, P.; Hunter, C. N.; Tajkhorshid, E.; Aksimentiev, A.; Schulten, K. First principles to phenotypes: Molecular design principles of cellular energy metabolism. Cell, 2019, 179, 1098-1111.
- Chipot, C.; Dehez, F.; Schnell, J. R.; Zitzmann, N.; Pebay-Peyroula, E.; Catoire, L. J.; Miroux, B.; Kunji, E. R. S.; Veglia, G.; Cross, T. A.; Schanda, P. Perturbations of native membrane protein structure in alkyl phosphocholine detergents: A critical assessment of NMR and biophysical studies. Chem. Rev. 2018, 118, 3559-3607.
- Comer, J.; Gumbart, J. C.; Hénin, J.; Lelièvre, T.; Pohorille, A.; Chipot, C., The adaptive biasing force method: Everything you always wanted to know, but were afraid to ask. J. Phys. Chem. B 2015, 119, 1129-1151.
- Chipot, C. Frontiers in free-energy calculations of biological systems. Wiley Interdiscip. Rev. Comput. Mol. Sci. 2014, 4, 71-89.
- Gumbart, J. C.; Roux, B.; Chipot, C. Standard binding free energies from computer simulations: What is the best strategy? J. Chem. Theor. Comput. 2013, 9, 794-802.
- Chandler, D.; Penin, F.; Schulten, K.; Chipot, C. The p7 protein of Hepatitis C forms structurally plastic ion channels. PLoS Comput. Biol., 2012, 8, e1002702.
- Pohorille, A.; Jarzynski, C.; Chipot, C. Good practices in free-energy calculations. J. Phys. Chem. B 2010, 114, 10235-10253.
- Phillips, J. C.; Braun, R.; Wang, W.; Gumbart, J.; Tajkhorshid, E.; Villa, E.; Chipot, C.; Skeel, L.; Schulten, K. Scalable molecular dynamics with NAMD. J. Comput. Chem. 2005, 26, 1781-1802.