Patrick I Draper
Professor Draper received his PhD in Physics from The University of Chicago in 2011 following his BS from the University of Illinois in 2005. He held postdoctoral appointments at the University of California Santa Cruz and the University of California Santa Barbara and a faculty appointment at the University of Massachusetts Amherst before moving to the University of Illinois in 2018. He works on a variety of topics in theoretical high energy particle physics and cosmology, including the Higgs boson, axions and the strong CP problem, supersymmetry, and nonperturbative phenomena in quantum field theories, among others.
Much of my research has been motivated by the electroweak hierarchy problem and the strong CP problem. I have worked on the physics of the Higgs boson, particularly in the context of supersymmetric solutions to the hierarchy problem; the cosmology of axion solutions to the strong CP problem and other axion-like dark matter candidates; and the experimental probes of other mechanisms that could address strong CP. I am also interested in more theoretical aspects of quantum field theory, particularly regarding nonperturbative phenomena in gauge theories, and in constraining effective field theories with ultraviolet consistency conditions.
Selected Articles in Journals
- P. Draper and H. Rzehak, "A Review of Higgs Mass Calculations in Supersymmetric Models," Phys. Rept. 619, 1 (2016) [arXiv:1601.01890 [hep-ph]]
- P. Draper and D. McKeen, "Diphotons, New Vacuum Angles, and Strong CP," JHEP 1604, 127 (2016) [arXiv:1602.03604 [hep-ph]]
- P. Draper, H. E. Haber and J. T. Ruderman, "Partially Natural Two Higgs Doublet Models," JHEP 1606, 124 (2016) [arXiv:1605.03237 [hep-ph]]
- M. Dine, P. Draper, H. E. Haber and L. S. Haskins, "Perturbation Theory in Supersymmetric QED: Infrared Divergences and Gauge Invariance," Phys. Rev. D 94, no. 9, 095003 (2016) [arXiv:1607.06995 [hep-th]]
- N. Craig, P. Draper, K. Kong, Y. Ng and D. Whiteson, "The unexplored landscape of two-body resonances," arXiv:1610.09392 [hep-ph]
- M. Dine, P. Draper, L. Stephenson-Haskins and D. Xu, "theta and the eta prime in Large N Supersymmetric QCD," JHEP 1705, 122 (2017) [arXiv:1612.05770 [hep-th]]
- M. J. Dolan, P. Draper, J. Kozaczuk and H. Patel, "Transplanckian Censorship and Global Cosmic Strings," JHEP 1704, 133 (2017) [arXiv:1701.05572 [hep-th]]
- M. Dine, P. Draper, L. Stephenson-Haskins and D. Xu, "Axions, Instantons, and the Lattice," Phys. Rev. D 96, no. 9, 095001 (2017) [arXiv:1705.00676 [hep-ph]]
- P. Draper, "Domain Walls and the CP Anomaly in Softly Broken Supersymmetric QCD,'' Phys. Rev. D 97, no. 8, 085003 (2018) [arXiv:1801.05477 [hep-th]]
- P. Draper, J. Kozaczuk and J. H. Yu, "Theta in new QCD-like sectors," Phys. Rev. D 98, no. 1, 015028 (2018) [arXiv:1803.00015 [hep-ph]]