Primary Research Area
- High Energy Physics
Professor Shelton received her PhD from MIT in 2006, after undergraduate work at Princeton. She held postdoctoral appointments at Rutgers, Yale, and Harvard before arriving at the University of Illinois in 2014. Shelton works on a broad range of topics in particle physics beyond the Standard Model, with particular interests in dark matter and the Higgs boson.
Look up Prof. Shelton's recent work on her InSpire page.
Selected Articles in Journals
- Simon Knapen, Jessie Shelton, and Dong Xu, "Perturbative benchmark models for a dark shower search program", Phys.Rev.D 103 (2021) 11, 115013, 2103.01238 [hep-ph].
- Adrienne L. Erickcek, Pranjal Ralegankar, and Jessie Shelton, "Cannibal domination and the matter power spectrum", Phys.Rev.D 103 (2021) 10, 103508, 2008.04311 [astro-ph.CO]
- J. Kozaczuk, M. J. Ramsey-Musolf and J. Shelton, "Exotic Higgs Decays and the Electroweak Phase Transition,'' arXiv:1911.10210 [hep-ph].
- J. A. Evans, C. Gaidau and J. Shelton, "Leak-in Dark Matter", JHEP 2001, 032 (2020), arXiv:1909.04671 [hep-ph].
- C. Gaidau and J. Shelton, "A solar system test of self-interacting dark matter", JCAP 1906 (2019) no.06, 022, arXiv:1811.00557 [hep-ph].
- G. Baym, D.H. Beck, P. Geltenbort, and J. Shelton. Testing dark decays of baryons in neutron stars Phys.Rev.Lett. 121, 061801 (2018)
- P. Adshead, Y. Cui and J. Shelton, "Chilly Dark Sectors and Asymmetric Reheating,'' JHEP 1606, 016 (2016), arXiv:1604.02458 [hep-ph].
- J. Shelton, S.L. Shapiro, and B.D. Fields, "A black hole window into p-wave dark matter annihilation", Phys.Rev.Lett. 115 (2015) no.23, 231302 [arXiv:1506.04143 [astro-ph.HE]]
- D. Curtin, R. Essig, S. Gori, and J. Shelton, "Illuminating Dark Photons with High-Energy Colliders", JHEP 1502 (2015) 157 [arXiv:1412.0018 [hep-ph]].
- D. Curtin, R. Essig, S. Gori, P. Jaiswal, A. Katz, T. Liu, Z. Liu, D. McKeen, J. Shelton, M. Strassler, Z. Surujon, B. Tweedie, and Y. Zhong, "Exotic Decays of the 125 GeV Higgs Boson", Phys.Rev. D90 (2014) 075004, arXiv:1312.4996
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Research (2020)
- Presidential Early Career Award for Science and Engineering (2019)
- W. Dale and Jeanne C. Compton Fellow (2019)
- Fellow, UIUC Center for Advanced Study (2019)
- DOE Early Career Award (2017)
Recent Courses Taught
- PHYS 212 - University Physics: Elec & Mag
- PHYS 427 - Thermal & Statistical Physics
- PHYS 486 - Quantum Physics I
- PHYS 487 - Quantum Physics II
- PHYS 496 - Intro to Physics Research
- PHYS 575 - Particle Physics I
- PHYS 598 PPC - Special Topics in Physics
Semesters Ranked Excellent Teacher by Students
|Fall 2020||PHYS 598|
|Fall 2018||PHYS 496|
|Fall 2017||PHYS 427|
|Spring 2017||PHYS 575|
|Fall 2015||PHYS 212|
|Spring 2015||PHYS 575|