Primary Research Area
- Biological Physics
3111 Engineering Sciences Building
For More Information
Professor Oono received his Dr. Eng. in applied chemistry from Kyushu University in Japan in 1976. After serving as an assistant professor in the Research Institute of Industrial Science at Kyushu University, he joined the physics faculty at the University of Illinois in 1981.
Studies in Statistical Mechanics and Thermodynamics in the broadest sense.
Selected Articles in Journals
- J. N. Cook and Y. Oono. Competitive localization. Physica A 389, 1849-1860 (2010)
- S. Rajaram and Y. Oono. NeatMap - non-clustering heat map alternatives in R. BMC Bioinformatics 11, 45 (2010)
Recent Courses Taught
- PHYS 427 - Thermal & Statistical Physics
- PHYS 504 - Statistical Physics
- PHYS 510 - Nonlinear Dynamics
Semesters Ranked Excellent Teacher by Students
|Fall 2003||PHYS 113|