Graduate Student Blog
The Illinois Remote Website provides up-to-date research strategies, tools, and guidance you'll need to make a successful transition.
November 23, 2020 is the last day to make requests for Spring 2020 TA appointments. See earlier blog post for more information.
HQI is now accepting nominations for the 2021-2023 cohort of HQI Postdoctoral Fellows.
APS' new webinar series, “Success in Industry Careers,” continues on Nov. 17 with "Teamwork in Industry".
The videotape of Dr. Ian Mondragon's Nov. 6 Physics Careers Seminar on "Experiences from a Postdoc at Argonne National Laboratory" has been posted.
January 25, 2021 and April 21, 2021 are two very important dates for students planning a thesis defense in Spring 2021.
Friday, November 13 is the last day to drop individual full term Fall 2020 semester courses without getting a grade of "W".
Illinois Wesleyan has a teaching position available in the physics department.
Join the Graduate Society of Women Engineers (GradSWE) at Illinois for the annual Women Empowered in STEM (weSTEM) Conference on February 13, 2021.
The quantum group at the Applied Physics Lab at Johns Hopkins is trying to grow, and they are looking for quantum experimentalists and theorists.
We’re now accepting applications from graduating students for our winter sessions. Apply to our fully-remote winter session by November 2: https://apply.insightdatascience.com
Wednesday, Nov. 4th, 5:00 – 5:50 p.m., NPRE is hosting an info session on Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) and their High Energy Density Physics (HEDP) Summer Internship program.
The videotape of Dr. Mindy Rak's Oct. 23 Physics Careers Seminar on "Wearing Many Different Hats: Working as a Lab Associate at a Liberal Arts College" has been posted.
Current Grad Info
- Physics Grad Student Handbook
- Curriculum Requirements
- Prelim Exam Info
- Thesis Info
- MS Degree Requirements
- CSE Graduate Concentration
- Useful Non-Physics Courses
- PHYS 596
- Illinois GPS
- Qual Exam Info
- New Student Info
- Ethics Resources
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Research Safety Training/Info
- Grad Expertise Database
- Grad Travel Award
- Grad Student Evaluations
- Grad College Calendar
- COE Grad Handbook
- Graduate Student Mentoring Guidelines
- International Student Resources
- Physics Information Resources
- Useful Forms
- Health/Safety Resources
- Counseling/Mental Health Resources
- MRL Safety Brochure
- Important Physics Dates
- Diversity Resources
- Important Phone Numbers
- COVID-19 Resources
Job and Fellowship Info
- Fellowship Opportunities
- Internship Opportunities
- Physics Job Postings
- Physics Today Job Postings
- APS Career Center
- Physics HigherEd Jobs
- Academic Positions in Physics
- Physics Insight Careers Slides
- Illinois Physics PhD Job Placement Summary
- AIP Statistical Data on Physics Careers
- AIP Employment Statistics for Physicists
- 2019 APS Career Booklet
- Putting Science to Work in Careers
- Resume & CV Resources
- Creating a CV
- CV Template
Prospective Grad Info
- Departmental Info
- Demographic Info
- Illinois Physics Grad Brochure
- 2019 Grad Program Overview
- Grad Curriculum
- Admissions Requirements
- Domestic Admissions Criteria
- International Admissions Criteria
- Incoming Student Checklist
- 2020 Virtual Open House
- Physics Careers Seminar
- Physics Careers Archive
- 2020 Microaggressions Workshop
- Deaf Culture Workshop Slides
- Fellowship Workshop
- Prelim/Final Workshop
- Scientific Poster Tips
- 1st Year Grad Student Orientation
- Rebecca's MyPhysics Talk
- Grad School Workshop