The deadline for making RA and TA appointments for Summer 2020 is Tuesday, April 28.
Graduate Student Blog
A list of useful guidance and resources for staying calm and sane during the present COVID-19 pandemic.
April 30 is the last day to drop a spring semester course without a grade of W, and April 24/May 8 are the last days to defend/deposit a PhD thesis for a May 2020 graduation.
Important registration requirements for grad students for the Summer 2020 term.
May 18 and June 29 are very important dates for students planning a thesis defense in Summer 2020.
Are you looking for a summer internship or a full-time job in Champaign-Urbana? Join us March 10 for the 14th annual Research Park Career Fair to connect with some of the best job opportunities on campus.
PhD traineeships, with two years of full funding, are available through a new NSF NRT: Data and Informatics Graduate Intern-traineeship in Materials at the Atomic Scale (DIGI-MAT).
The Spring 2020 Physics Careers seminar series continues on Thursday, February 27, 2020 with alumnus Dr. Srinidhi Ramamurthy.
The Intelligence Community (IC) Postdoctoral Research Program will be accepting applications January 6 – February 28, 2020.
Nominations are being accepted between February 5 - 21 for the Yee Fellowship Award.
There is an internship in Software Engineering/Machine Learning Engineering at PG&E this summer.
Social Media for Scientists is a fun, fast-paced webinar for scientists, science communication practitioners and researchers that provides actionable tips to improve your social media skills and reach.
Inprentus, Inc. -- a local late-stage technology company -- is seeking a predoctoral summer intern in the area of high-precision optics.
Current Grad Info
- Physics Grad Student Handbook
- Curriculum Requirements
- Prelim Exam Info
- Thesis Info
- MS Degree Requirements
- CSE Graduate Concentration
- Useful Non-Physics Courses
- PHYS 596
- Illinois GPS
- Qual Exam Info
- New Student Info
- Ethics Resources
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Research Safety Training/Info
- Grad Expertise Database
- Grad Travel Award
- Grad Student Evaluations
- Grad College Calendar
- COE Grad Handbook
- Graduate Student Mentoring Guidelines
- International Student Resources
- Physics Information Resources
- Useful Forms
- Health/Safety Resources
- Counseling/Mental Health Resources
- MRL Safety Brochure
- Important Physics Dates
- Diversity Resources
- Important Phone Numbers
Job and Fellowship Info
- Fellowship Opportunities
- Internship Opportunities
- Physics Job Postings
- Physics Today Job Postings
- APS Career Center
- Physics Insight Careers Slides
- Physics HigherEd Jobs
- Illinois Physics PhD Job Placement Summary
- AIP Statistical Data on Physics Careers
- AIP Employment Statistics for Physicists
- 2019 APS Career Booklet
- Putting Science to Work in Careers
- Resume & CV Resources
- Creating a CV
- CV Template
Prospective Grad Info
- Departmental Info
- Demographic Info
- Illinois Physics Grad Brochure
- 2019 Grad Program Overview
- Grad Curriculum
- Admissions Requirements
- Domestic Admissions Criteria
- International Admissions Criteria
- Incoming Student Checklist
- 2020 Virtual Open House
- Physics Careers Seminar
- Physics Careers Archive
- Microaggressions Workshop Slides
- Deaf Culture Workshop Slides
- Fellowship Workshop
- Prelim/Final Workshop
- Scientific Poster Tips
- 1st Year Orientation
- Rebecca's MyPhysics Talk
- Grad School Workshop