February 1, 2020 is the deadline for Illinois Physics Grad Travel Award applications for February - May 2020 conference travel.
Graduate Student Blog
This is a reminder that December 15 is the last day to apply for the APS Congressional Science Fellowship.
UAB-Physics is looking to recruit excellent faculty to fill our open-rank position in condensed matter theory/computation and experiment.
Stephen Wolfram, creator of Wolfram|Alpha and Mathematica, is hosting a discussion, book signing and networking event to celebrate the launch of his new book, Adventures of a Computational Explorer.
Illinois Physics PhD student Rachel Nguyen was interviewed by Live Science about her first-author publication in Physical Review Letters.
November 22, 2019 is the last day to make requests for Spring 2020 TA appointments.
Survey data show that PhD physicists find satisfaction in a wide range of careers, from academia to government to industry.
There is a faculty search this year in the area of experimental quantum information and materials / condensed matter at Washington University in St. Louis.
The Center for Dynamics and Control of Materials MRSEC announces the competition for the 2020 CDCM MRSEC Postdoctoral Fellowships.
The Zhang group in the MatSE Department and Materials Research Laboratory has an opening for a graduate research assistant.
The Fall 2019 Physics Careers Seminar series concludes on November 15 next week with a presentation by alumnus Dr. Keith Cassidy from the University of Oxford.
January 21, 2020 and April 23, 2020 are two very important dates for students planning a thesis defense in Spring 2020.
Friday, November 15 is the last day to drop individual full term Fall semester courses without a grade of W.
Current Grad Info
- Physics Grad Student Handbook
- Curriculum Requirements
- Prelim Exam Info
- Thesis Info
- MS Degree Requirements
- CSE Graduate Concentration
- Useful Non-Physics Courses
- PHYS 596
- Illinois GPS
- Qual Exam Info
- New Student Info
- Ethics Resources
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Research Safety Training/Info
- Grad Expertise Database
- Grad Travel Award
- Grad Student Evaluations
- Grad College Calendar
- COE Grad Handbook
- Graduate Student Mentoring Guidelines
- International Student Resources
- Physics Information Resources
- Useful Forms
- Health/Safety Resources
- Counseling/Mental Health Resources
- MRL Safety Brochure
- Important Physics Dates
- Diversity Resources
- Important Phone Numbers
Job and Fellowship Info
- Fellowship Opportunities
- Internship Opportunities
- Physics Job Postings
- Physics Today Job Postings
- APS Career Center
- Physics Insight Careers Slides
- Physics HigherEd Jobs
- Illinois Physics PhD Job Placement Summary
- AIP Statistical Data on Physics Careers
- AIP Employment Statistics for Physicists
- 2019 APS Career Booklet
- Putting Science to Work in Careers
- Resume & CV Resources
- Creating a CV
- CV Template
Prospective Grad Info
- Departmental Info
- Demographic Info
- Illinois Physics Grad Brochure
- 2017 Grad Program Overview
- Grad Curriculum
- Admissions Requirements
- Domestic Admissions Criteria
- International Admissions Criteria
- Incoming Student Checklist
- Physics Careers Seminar
- Physics Careers Archive
- Microaggressions Workshop Slides
- Deaf Culture Workshop Slides
- Fellowship Workshop
- Prelim/Final Workshop
- Scientific Poster Tips
- 1st Year Orientation
- Rebecca's MyPhysics Talk
- Grad School Workshop