Join us to discuss concerns about COVID-19 and the vaccine rollout on March 11 from 6 - 7:15 pm.
Graduate Student Blog
A postdoctoral position is immediately available at Yale University for the fabrication and use of nanowire biosensors for cancer biomarkers.
Looking for a summer internship or a full-time job in Champaign-Urbana? Join us March 2 for the 15th annual Research Park Career Fair to connect with opportunities on campus.
Following is information about academic deadline extensions for Spring 2021
Vaccines and better weather are coming soon, so hang in there! This post includes advice and resources for avoiding stress and maintaining your mental health during the winter and pandemic!
TSMC is currently hiring for multiple positions as they open their Phoenix, AZ location.
The videotape and slides from Dr. Karmela Padavic-Callaghan's Physics Careers Seminar on "Laying Off Jargon: Pop Science Writing and Teaching High School" have been posted.
The Spring 2021 Virtual Physics Careers Seminar series continues on February 25 with a talk by alumna Dr. Rebecca Holmes Sandoval from Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Nominations are being accepted until February 26 for the Yee Fellowship Award.
The Spring 2021 Virtual Physics Careers Seminar series starts on February 18 with a talk by alumna Dr. Karmela Padavic-Callaghan from the Bard High School Early College Manhattan.
The Office of Science Graduate Student Research (SCGSR) program is now accepting applications for the 2021 Solicitation 1. Applications are due 5:00pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
These workshops start at noon, do not require registration, and will be available through Zoom at https://go.grad.illinois.edu/eventspace and do not require registration.
APS' new webinar series, “Success in Industry Careers,” continues on Feb. 23 with "Industry versus Academic Priorities in Publications and Presentations: Maximizing Your Strategic Opportunities".
Please join some of Sandia’s University of Illinois Recruiters on February 4, 2021, for two virtual information sessions about Sandia National Laboratories and some of the research they conduct.
Current Grad Info
- Physics Grad Student Handbook
- Curriculum Requirements
- Prelim Exam Info
- Thesis Info
- MS Degree Requirements
- CSE Graduate Concentration
- Useful Non-Physics Courses
- PHYS 596
- Illinois GPS
- Qual Exam Info
- New Student Info
- Ethics Resources
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Research Safety Training/Info
- Grad Expertise Database
- Grad Travel Award
- Grad Student Evaluations
- Grad College Calendar
- COE Grad Handbook
- Graduate Student Mentoring Guidelines
- International Student Resources
- Physics Information Resources
- Useful Forms
- Health/Safety Resources
- Counseling/Mental Health Resources
- MRL Safety Brochure
- Important Physics Dates
- Diversity Resources
- Important Phone Numbers
- COVID-19 Resources
Job and Fellowship Info
- Fellowship Opportunities
- Internship Opportunities
- Physics Job Postings
- Physics Today Job Postings
- APS Career Center
- Physics HigherEd Jobs
- Academic Positions in Physics
- Physics Insight Careers Slides
- Illinois Physics PhD Job Placement Summary
- AIP Statistical Data on Physics Careers
- AIP Employment Statistics for Physicists
- 2019 APS Career Booklet
- Putting Science to Work in Careers
- Resume & CV Resources
- Creating a CV
- CV Template
Prospective Grad Info
- Departmental Info
- Demographic Info
- Illinois Physics Grad Brochure
- 2019 Grad Program Overview
- Grad Curriculum
- Admissions Requirements
- Domestic Admissions Criteria
- International Admissions Criteria
- Incoming Student Checklist
- 2020 Virtual Open House
- Physics Careers Seminar
- Physics Careers Archive
- 2020 Microaggressions Workshop
- Deaf Culture Workshop Slides
- Fellowship Workshop
- Prelim/Final Workshop
- Scientific Poster Tips
- 1st Year Grad Student Orientation
- Rebecca's MyPhysics Talk
- Grad School Workshop